Lab services include chemical analysis, sample preparation, metallography, hardness and microhardness testing and analysis/results reporting by qualified personnel. Lincoln Laser Solutions maintains a relationship with the University of Windsor and over the years have worked with this institution on several research and development endeavours. We have access to their state-of-the-art Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) and Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS) X-Ray Detector as well as other specialized equipment and analysis techniques.
Our laboratory serves to continually develop and improve manufacturing process parameters for all of Lincoln Laser Solutions additive services, but we also provide assistance to customers in need of metallurgical testing or third-party analysis. Lincoln Laser Solutions offers analysis of welds and coatings, thermal sprays, custom coatings and reverse engineering services.
- SPECTRO Portable Optical Emission Spectrometer
- Iron, Aluminum, Copper and Nickel
- Ultrasonic Hardness Tester
- Portable Hardness Tester (Leeb)
- Struers Vickers Microhardness Tester
- Buehler Abrasive Saw
- Leco Mounting Press
- 2” Diameter Metallographic Mounts
- Buehler EcoMet Grinder Polisher
- Nikon Metallographic Microscope
- 50×, 100×, 200×, and 400X
- Clemex Vision Captiva Software